PDA

View Full Version : Gilles Chain Adjuster

John712
10-04-2005, 03:41 PM
anybody ever use these or read up on them..? i read up on it some and sounds pretty cool. but was wondering if you ever tried it before of so feedback is appreciated.

scroll down to where it says "CURRENT 2005 Gilles Super Bike Chain Adjuster & Swing Arm Lifter. -----> http://www.hardracing.com/GILLESRS.htm

the catalog says it fits most bikes

Commuta_Busa
10-04-2005, 03:45 PM
they're a great/well built product. It's hard to justify the cost vs functionality... I mean your adjuster screw does the same thing... If I had money to burn I wouldn't mind having a set, but I can think of other things that would be of more benefit for the cash...

Buy a set and have them polished to get a bit more wow out'a them...

CBRBob
10-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Waste of $$. It looks like it gives your standard style rearstand a place to hook onto, like a reverse spool. For the $$ needed, I'll leave it under the swingarm.

Vin
10-04-2005, 08:10 PM
I think the website's description says it all:

Get that distinctive, all-too-professional look of serious Superbike race steeds with this ultra-cool chain adjuster and lift kit from Gilles. The adjuster offers simple, accurate adjustment in addition to being stronger and prettier than stock. The bolt-on lift fixture will work with many bike stands. They’re both made from lightweight, CNCmachined 7075 aluminum and come hard anodized in black, titanium or gold.

Commuta_Busa
10-05-2005, 07:14 AM
don't forget the lift kit is extra!