PDA

View Full Version : BST Carbon Fiber Rims.

Lee
10-03-2005, 11:02 AM
I have this dude that has 636 Blackstone BST rims, and they are for sale CHEAP..
But my bike is a 99 Yamaha R6.. The rims are 3.5 17 and 5.5 17.. But I need to get the carriers for the rotors and the Sprocket. Does anyone know anyone that I can talk to abotu this.. I'll need the spacers too. Can it be done.. Some one shed some light on this subject...

Also, Magnium wheels do they crack ? Anyone get a report about them ?

-lee

IrocRob
10-04-2005, 10:21 AM
Well if anyone can help, it would be these guys:

www.blackstonetek.com

CBRBob
10-04-2005, 10:49 AM
I wouldnt ride carbon or magneisium wheels on the street unless you live in an area that has pristine roads. If the wheels are in good shape and they fit your bike, they would be great for the track.

Commuta_Busa
10-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Magnesium rims aren't good to run the streets because they can get stress hairline fractures that can only be detected through an xray process. So if the cracks go unnoticed one day the whole wheel would crumble off in pieces... I would consider them track use only...

As for CF wheels, they've come a long way. I know of a few big/heavy/tons of hp bikes that have been running them on the streets. The big draw back is that they wont forgive you if you hit the right pot hole. They'll shatter and splinter where as Aluminium wheels may survive.

Some of the new thinner alumium wheels are also becoming more street fragile too...

Beware of picking up "cheap" CF wheels though....BST's are priced through the roof so "cheap" ones may have a hidden story to 'em. Hell people would snatch them up even if they're twoo hundred less than retail new to give you some ideas....